fatsecret members overall average rating
Lentil and Spinach Dhansak
Vegetarian curry that's as hot as you want it.
- Melt the spread in a saucepan, add the onion and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add the vegetable stock dissolved in water and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the lentils, carrots and sweet potato and simmer gently for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet directions.
- Stir the spinach leaves into the cooked vegetables until they have just wilted and then add the lemon rind and juice.
- Serve the vegetables with the rice, garnished with lemon zest.
14 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Really tasty and filling. Substitute the carrot for butternut squash, if preferred - this is a really nice alternative.
23 Dec 07 by member: Lucybell33
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet