fatsecret members overall average rating
A healthy take on a classic Greek casserole
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions, drain and set aside
- Sauté the ground turkey in a tablespoon of oil. Add cinnamon, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped onions, garlic (if desired), stewed tomatoes and tomato paste to the turkey, cover and simmer over low heat until the onions become soft and the flavors develop, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the flour and 1/4 cup of the milk and whisk until smooth. Continue whisking and slowly add the rest of the milk, egg substitute (or egg whites), nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then whisk and heat again for 3-4 more minutes, whisking after each minute, until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Mix the pasta and turkey mixture together. Mix in 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and spread evenly in an 8x8" (2 quart) pan. Slowly pour the white sauce over the top and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese on top.
- Spray the top with cooking spray and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool and set for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
159 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins