fatsecret members overall average rating
An easy "fresh" pea soup using peas which have not been dried like regular split pea soup.
- In a hot saucepan, coat with oil and brown onions and then garlic, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and cook until soft, about 5 to 8 minutes, check often. Do not overcook or they will darken.
- During the last minute, add the spinach.
- Immediately blend using a hand blender and when pureed, check for seasoning.
- Soup will be a bit thick which is fine but for better texture strain or use a food mill. This last step is optional.
- You can add a drizzle of basil oil to make this extra fancy. Serve with seared scallops for quick summer meal.
308 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
review this recipe
Do you think this recipe is good for Slim Fast
Sign in to review this recipe
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Slim Fast