Salads and Salad Dressings
fatsecret members overall average rating
Hail caesar salad.
- Heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Cut 1/2 to 3/4" croutons from (day old) loaf of bread and place on a baking sheet and put into the oven until dry but not browned.
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash the garlic with 4 tablespoons of oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Strain the oil into a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the dried croutons and fry, tossing constantly until all of the oil is absorbed and the croutons turn gold. Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the eggs and cook for 1 minute. Chill in ice water to halt cooking. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, tear lettuce and toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with the remaining kosher salt and the black pepper. Add the remaining olive oil. Toss well.
- Add the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Break in the eggs. Toss until a creamy dressing forms. Toss in parmesan cheese and serve with croutons.
- Note: based on recipe from Alton Brown of Food Network TV.
8 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Flush Plan