fatsecret members overall average rating
Beet & Fennel Soup with Kefir
Delicious beet and fennel soup with some creamy kefir.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, chopped fennel, and fennel seeds. Sauté until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add cubed beets and stir to coat. Add chicken broth and bring to boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook until beets are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Puree soup in batches in blender. Return to same saucepan.
- Whisk in 1 cup unflavored kefir and season soup with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Rewarm soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with additional unflavored kefir; garnish with fennel fronds.
- Note: based on a recipe from Bon Appetit magazine.
63 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Wanted to try something different. Ended up doubling the beets. Much better then. :)
26 Feb 12 by member: Amy AAA
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins