fatsecret members overall average rating
Baked Chicken and Broccoli
A fun take on the classic chicken divan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Place the chicken in a pan, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste, and add enough water just to cover it.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes for thighs and closer to 20 minutes for breasts. Remove the chicken from the water with tongs and set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the same water and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Drain the broccoli but save the broth for later – now you have some awesome chicken broth to add to recipes or to make a soup!
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms, onions, coconut milk and spices and mix well.
- Spread into a 9×11" glass baking dish and sprinkle the top with sliced almonds. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Note: based on a recipe from Everyday Paleo.
199 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I saw 5 stars for this recipe and thought it would be good. I give it 2 stars and that's after adding some tobasco, cheese, and extra salt and pepper to it. I didn't think the almonds were good with the rest of the ingredients and the recipe was just overall bland, tasteless, and dry. I will not use this same recipe again. :(
03 May 11 by member: mwyli001
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet