fatsecret members overall average rating
Artichoke-Scrambled Eggs Benedict
Roasted artichoke bottoms stand in for English muffins in this quick yet elegant low carb dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F (210° C).
- Toss artichoke bottoms with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons oregano. Place them top-side down on half of a large baking sheet. Spread pancetta in an even layer on the other half. Roast until the artichokes are just beginning to brown and the pancetta is crispy, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and water in a small bowl until smooth. Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, folding and stirring frequently with a heatproof rubber spatula until almost set, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in cream cheese, the remaining 1 teaspoon oregano and salt.
- To serve, divide the artichoke bottoms among 4 plates. Top each artichoke with equal portions scrambled egg, crispy pancetta and creamy lemon sauce. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
- Note: a shopping tip, artichoke bottoms can be purchased in 14 oz cans found near other canned vegetables. If unavailable, substitute two 14 oz cans rinsed and halved artichoke hearts.
217 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
review this recipe
Do you think this recipe is good for Abs Diet
Sign in to review this recipe
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Abs Diet