Most of us decide 'today is the day I start to diet.' What a recipe for failure. We haven't let our bodies get use to eating less, healthier, or working out more.
If you are having a hard time getting 'on track' or if you abandon your diets after a week or two then you might want to consider a few of the following points.
1. Your body may be use to carbs. Give your body time - up to a few weeks - to get use to the concept of a diet. This way you won't feel like you are starving. Your stomach has time to shrink. You've slowly lowered your carbs and increased your exercise. Now you are ready to succeed.
2. Replacing meals with shakes will help shrink the size of your stomach.
3. Break your meals into smaller portions to help reduce the size of your stomach.
4. Slowly introduce healthier foods.
5. Cut a little of the sweets out at a time. This way you won't feel deprived, and you will enjoy a bit of success before the real diet starts.
Remember, each new morning is the start of that day's diet. Even if you fail one or two days, the diet is not over until you quit.
Do you have any tips that will help other members?
As long as you try, and try again, you will never fail. You never lose. The only way to truly fail is to quit.