5 Top Ways to Avoid Overeating
South Beach Diet followers are encouraged to eat until their hunger is satisfied — but not to stuff themselves. For those of us who are used to restaurant-size meals, it can be hard to know what a sensible starting portion is. When it's time to sit down to a meal, try these tactics to avoid overeating:
1. Eat slowly and savor your food. It may seem like an obvious point to make, but remember — it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to signal to your brain that you are full!
2. Begin your meal with a salad or a clear broth as soup.
3. Drink water before and throughout the meal. If you're having trouble slowing down when you eat, put your fork down halfway though your meal and take a minute to sip some water.
4. Chop some of your favorite fresh vegetables and place them on the table with the rest of your dinner. Snack on them frequently, and have another handful when you finish the rest of what's on your plate. Don't like raw veggies? Cook them up instead, and give yourself a generous amount.
5. To avoid unnecessary second helpings, assemble your plate of food and then wrap up and store any leftovers before you begin eating
Work is the curse of the drinking classes
your next action could change the world, so make it a good one